The main responsibility of this role is threefold: (1) actively grow the customer base through upselling content and identifying new contacts within the existing markets 2) actively find and validate new leads and opportunities in new markets, either self-generated gap analysis, or through close collaboration with sales and marketing, 3) create new products, content and services to sell to new and existing markets
- Actively prospecting of new leads and opportunities for UK and global markets
- In close collaboration with internal (senior) account manager, identify new contacts, and actively reach out to these, as well as existing contact to make them loyal to Bridgeman by improve relationship, knowledge of our tools and value to them.
- In collaboration with the Senior Business Development manager to identify new customers with the objective to generate and validate new leads.
- Based on sector plans, co-design and deliver the account plans;
- Provide feedback to (senior) Account Manager/s on industry trends and changes at customers.
- Work closely with marketing and internal sales team to identify and reach new contacts and accounts.
This role reports into the Commercial Director. Tasks may change and evolve from time to time depending on changing customer requirements.
It is expected that this person is out of the office, facing customers about 3 days per week and is two days a week in the office to feedback, organise agenda and liaise with internal sales team and marketing.
- Track record in increasing customer loyalty with measurable results and clear explanation on how this was achieved.
- Previous experience with picture licensing would be beneficial, but proven experience of increasing loyalty within educational publishing, publishing or newspaper and magazines is a must.
- Experience working in a team with KPIs and a group target, realised by multi-complementary actions, responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Comfortable working in a sales environment with accountability for working towards set targets and timelines
- Experience with influencing and negotiation; ability to achieve buy-in
- Accurate, clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills towards customer service and loyalty
- Appropriate software and hardware skills with proficiency in excel
- Excellent commercial and strategic approaches to problem solving and innovation
- Spanish speaking would be preferable, but not essential.
- to be determined, but will include # of new contacts trained in existing accounts; increase in the number of projects coming from existing accounts; etc.
- total revenue growth in the sector and for key accounts
- Creative thinking and innovation
- Hunter sales approach for ‘start-up’ environment
- Ability to adapt an ever-changing landscape
- Strong influencer customer-centric mind-set
- A relationship builder both internally and externally
- Resourceful, detailed, highly organized and displays a flexible and positive attitude
- Prepared to work as part of a passionate and dedicated team
- Motivated by sales targets with excellent time management, yet team player to understand that sales can only be closed if both business development and internal sales work effectively and harmoniously together.
- Proactive takes responsibility and works with initiative, energy and a good sense of humour
- An ability to be agile in order to capitalise on the moment and identify new opportunities and target partners and market gaps